New York City Family Lawyers
Helping NYC Families With Any Dispute
When you are in the middle of a legal dispute, it can be frustrating. When that dispute involves a family member, it can be frustrating and nerve-wracking. You want your best interests to be upheld, but you probably don’t want to get into a big legal fight with your family members to do that.
Berkman Bottger Newman & Schein in New York City has a team of family law attorneys who are ready to help with any family law conflict, case, or dispute. We have focused on legal practice on the complications of family law, so our clients are always well-prepared for anything that can happen. All the while, we also do our best to keep your case amicable. When everyone can cooperate and see the benefits of the proposed outcome, everything can go much more smoothly.
On This Page
- What is Family Law?
- Types of Family Law Cases
- Benefits of Hiring a Family Lawyer
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Let Us Solve Your Family Law Issue
Contact us online or call (212) 466-6015 to ask for help with a family law case in NYC.
Family law is an area of the law that specifically deals with family-related legal issues, domestic relations, and divorce as an overall concept. If a case goes to a family law court, rather than a civil or criminal court, then it is under the large umbrella of family law. Like any other legal issue, family law has the potential to cause significant disruptions to your life if the case is not handled correctly or does not end in your favor. For this reason, it is always worth at least consulting with a family law attorney before you get too far into a case.
As mentioned, family law covers a wide range of different case types. You can depend on our NYC family lawyers to help with virtually any case or conflict, though. With our decades of combined experience, we are prepared to help you in any situation.
Different types of family law cases can include the following and more:
- Divorce: The ending of a marriage can be tumultuous, but it doesn’t have to be. Let us handle your divorce case. We know how to avoid major conflicts while preserving your best interests.
- Prenuptial agreements: You can plan for divorce—just in case—before you are ever married by creating a prenuptial agreement. This agreement outlines your expectations for certain aspects of divorce in advance, so the process is easier, should it ever occur.
- Postnuptial agreements: A prenuptial agreement that is made after you are married is called a postnuptial agreement, but it acts in much the same way.
- Child custody: Deciding who gets to retain parental rights and parenting time with your children after divorce can be stressful. Rely on us to help create a child custody plan that upholds your child’s best interests, as the court expects.
- Child support: When one parent can’t reasonably afford to care for their children on their own after divorce, the court can order the other parent to pay monthly child support payments. We can help make sure those payments are fair, whether you are the payor or recipient.
- Same-sex divorce: We proudly offer our legal services to same-sex spouses, who often find it difficult to understand how New York’s family laws can influence a same-sex divorce or another family law issue.
Everyone can benefit from hiring a family lawyer to help with a family law case or dispute. If you are starting a case, moving to file a petition, or have been handed a petition or order from your spouse, then we are sure that you can benefit from our legal services and representation, too.
The top benefits of hiring an NYC family law attorney from our firm are:
- Legal knowledge: A family law case can become complicated quickly due to New York’s various laws and legal expectations. When you hire our family lawyers, all our legal knowledge effectively becomes your own.
- Courtroom representation: If your family law case is headed for court, then you can benefit from our representation even more. We know the ins and outs of courtroom proceedings, so you don’t miss an important deadline or detail that could otherwise unravel your case.
- Peace of mind: Most of all, people enjoy our legal services because we give them peace of mind. You can set your worries aside when we are acting on your behalf because our team has a strong reputation for doing what’s right for our clients.
INDUSTRY THOUGHT LEADERS
DEDICATED TO YOUR SUCCEss
DEDICATED MATRIMONIAL & DIVORCE ATTORNEYS PROTECTING OUR CLIENTS’ RIGHTS, ASSETS, & FAMILY
CREATIVE SOLUTIONS TO DIFFICULT & COMPLEX PROBLEMS
All families and marriages are unique - our attorneys take the time to listen to our clients to fully understand the circumstances of their case. Only then do we advise the best legal option for their goals.
PROMPT RESPONSES TO INDIVIDUAL NEEDS AND INQUIRES
Divorce is a time of transition. We understand the emotional and financial stress that clients experience during the divorce process – from day one our team ensures that we provide our clients with prompt feedback so that they are updated on their case every step of the way.
CHOICES AND OPTIONS TAILORED TO EACH CASE
We are one of the only Manhattan divorce law firms offering all three options for divorce: litigation/negotiation, collaborative law, and mediation - providing custom strategies and solutions for our clients.
INDUSTRY THOUGHT LEADERS DEDICATED TO YOUR SUCCESS
Our attorneys provide frequent expert legal commentary for national media outlets and have been quoted in numerous publications including Fox's Business, NBC News, ABC News, CBS News and many more.
Before a family law case gets out of hand or becomes any more stressful, come to Berkman Bottger Newman & Schein in New York City for help. We are here to handle any family law case, so you don’t have to get caught up in the details and legal challenges of it. While we work to resolve your case in the best way possible, you can continue to focus on other important parts of your life, like your career and family.
See how we can help you with a family law issue. Dial (212) 466-6015 today.
READY TO DISCUSS YOUR OPTIONS?
Call 212-466-6015 or fill out the form below to get started.