Michael Daab is a partner with the firm. He has been practicing exclusively in the Matrimonial and Family Law fields throughout Long Island, New York City, Westchester and Rockland Counties since 1998. He has litigated divorce and family law matters from inception through trial, and has an extensive background in appellate practice. He was previously counsel to the matrimonial law firm of Gassman Baiamonte Gruner, P.C., and a partner in the matrimonial firm of Potruch & Daab, LLC. He is a graduate of Columbia University and Hofstra University School of Law.
Mr. Daab is a member of the Executive Committee of the New York State Bar Association, Family Law Section, and served as its Tenth Judicial District Representative, Co-Chair of the Fellowship/Scholarship Committee, and Co-Chair of CLE Committee. He has lectured for the NYSBA on numerous legal issues, including pre-trial discovery, trial techniques, and ethics, and has participated in the development and presentation of the NYSBA Family Law Section’s mock trial and litigation programs on custody, finances, orders of protection, depositions, and child support. He has also prepared and presented legal programs presented programs before the New York Family Law American Inn of Court, of which he has achieved the member status of “Master.” He served as a panel member for Nassau County Matrimonial Supreme Court Mediation Program and is trained in mediation and Collaborative Law. He is also a member of the Matrimonial Law Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association.
Areas of practice
| || |
- New York State Bar Association; Family Law Section, Executive Committee
- New York State Bar Association; former co-chair, Fellowship/Scholarship Committee
- New York State Bar Association; former co-chair, CLE Committee
- Nassau County Bar Association, Matrimonial Law Committee
- New York Family Law American Inn of Court, Master
- Former panel member, Nassau County Matrimonial Supreme Court Mediation Program
- Family Court Trial Institute - A Mock Financial Trial
- Family Court Trial Institute - A Mock Order of Protection Proceeding.
- Understanding State and Federal Retirement Plans
- Digital Evidence in Matrimonial Cases
- The Enforceability of Claims and Remedies between Unmarried Intimate Partners
- Basic Matrimonial Law Practice (Discovery)
- Family Law Practical Skills - Discovery and Taking Depositions in Matrimonial Cases
- Hofstra University School of Law, Juris Doctor,1997
- Columbia University, Bachelor of the Arts
Admitted to Practice
- New York State, 1998