Jessica L. Toelstedt
Phone: 212-867-9123 Fax: 212-983-8526
Jessica L. Toelstedt is a partner with Berkman Bottger Newman & Schein LLP. Ms. Toelstedt joined the firm in 2012. Prior to joining, Ms. Toelstedt worked for another Manhattan-based firm where she focused on complex matrimonial and family law cases. Ms. Toelstedt’s reputation for high ethical standards and professional ability among her fellow attorneys has earned her the highest peer rating, AV Preeminent, from Martindale-Hubbell, which has also named her a “Client Champion” for 2017, 2018 and 2019. Ms. Toelstedt was voted a New York Family Law Rising Star by her peers from 2014 through 2016 and as a New York Family Law Super Lawyer by her peers in 2017 and 2018.
Ms. Toelstedt has experience handling all aspects of matrimonial and family law cases, including post-judgment matters, appeals, and prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. Throughout Ms. Toelstedt’s career, she has appeared regularly in both Supreme and Family Courts in New York City and the surrounding areas and continues to do so. Today, Ms. Toelstedt primarily focuses her practice in the areas of mediation, collaborative law, negotiation, and out of court settlements to resolve all family related matters, including prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. Ms. Toelstedt has been trained as a mediator by The Center for Understanding in Conflict and has ben trained in collaborative law by The New York Association of Collaborative Law Professionals. Ms. Toelstedt also serves as a Mediator on the New York County Supreme Court’s Roster of Matrimonial Mediators.
Ms. Toelstedt is a strong proponent of settling divorce and related matters as amicably as possible for the benefit of the parties and when relevant, the best interests of their children. Ms. Toelstedt resides on Long Island with her husband and two children.
Areas of practice
Honors and Recognitions
- Client Champion, Martindale-Hubbell, 2017-2019
- SuperLawyers, 2017-2019
- Founding Member, American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- SuperLawyers Rising Star, 2014-2016
- New York Association of Collaborative Professionals
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Women’s Bar Association
- Family and Divorce Mediation Council of Greater New York
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- University of Buffalo Law School - 2005
- University of Buffalo - 2002
Admitted to Practice
- New York State, 2006