Abby P. Rosmarin
Phone: 212-867-9123 Fax: 212-983-8526
Abby P. Rosmarin is a partner with Berkman Bottger Newman & Schein, LLP. She concentrates her practice on alternative dispute resolution. An attorney and a NYS Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Abby draws on her training and experience in law, conflict resolution and mental health to mediate a wide range of family disputes, including divorce, separation, prenuptial agreements, postnuptial agreements, custody, parenting conflict, parent/child, trusts and estates, elder care, as well as those arising in the context of family-owned businesses. Abby serves on a variety of court-affiliated dispute resolution panels.
Abby‘s past legal practice included commercial litigation and nearly 10 years as the Assistant General Counsel to Peugeot Motors of America. She can also mediate commercial and employment disputes.
She is a New York State Certified Guardian for Alleged Incapacitated Persons, trained in special education mediation, and understands the particular issues involving those with special needs.
A member of the New York Bar and California State Bar (inactive), Abby participates as a member of the Westchester County Bar Association (ADR Committee) and the Westchester Women’s Bar Association (co-chair of the Mediation Committee). Abby is an active member of the Family and Divorce Mediation Council of Greater New York, the New York State Council on Divorce Mediation, and New York Association of Collaborative Professionals, where she served as the Executive Director for nearly 8 years.
Abby has been designated a 2020 Super Lawyer in the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution and has met the rigorous requirements for advanced accreditation in divorce mediation by the New York State Council on Divorce Mediation.
Learn more about Abby and her practice at her website.
Areas of practice
- Co-chair, Mediation Committee, Westchester Women’s Bar Association
- Member, Westchester Supreme Court, Commercial, Civil and Matrimonial Rosters
- Member, Westchester Surrogate’s Mediation Program
- Member, NYC Family Court Mediation Panel (past)
- Member, Part 137 Panel of Arbitrators and Mediators, Joint Committee on Fee Disputes and Conciliation
- Certified Mediator, Westchester Mediation Center, Cluster Inc.,
- Instructor, NYS Certified Parent Education Classes, Parent Education and Custody Effectiveness (PEACE)
- Facilitator, Spousal Loss Support Group, Bereavement Center of Westchester (past)
- Facilitator, Youth and Police Initiative, North American Family Institute (past)
- Board of Directors, New York Center for Law and Justice
- Program Task Force, Gilda's Club Westchester
- Advisory Council, FamilyKind
- Ethics and Credentials Committees and Patient & Family Partnership Council, Northern Westchester Hospital
- Adjunct Faculty Member, Manhattanville College
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1982
- M.S., Ed., Fordham University, 2008
- B.A., University of California, Santa Cruz, 1979
- Middlebury College
- Bioethics and Medical Humanities Certificate, including Bioethics consultations, Montefiore Einstein Center for Bioethics, 2014
- McKinsey Academy, McKinsey Management Program, 2020