Skip to content

We understand that right now, many New Yorkers have urgent questions about their parenting and custody agreements and arrangements. Coronavirus and the subsequent restrictions imposed on movement have created a sense of uncertainty for many parents. The firm is currently open for business. We are also offering remote consultations via video chat and phone calls. We are here to answer your pressing questions about your custody arrangements during the coronavirus crisis, as well as to speak about any other family law and divorce issues you may have.

We want you to stay safe and healthy. If you wish to meet with an attorney remotely, we can accommodate that need. If you have questions, please contact us.

While your divorce order puts the final stamp on the dissolution of your marriage, the terms of the order often include ongoing obligations that must be met for as long as the order indicates. Should either party fail to abide by the terms of the order, the aggrieved ex-spouse can seek redress in court. For example, a failure to pay child support or spousal support can land the derelict parent in front of a judge. Likewise, if a custodial parent fails to allow the non-custodial parent court-ordered access with a child, the parties may wind up back in court.

As the years pass, changes in life may cause one or both parties to seek a change in the court orders. A parent may want increased parenting time with a child, or may want to change custody arrangements entirely. Child custody may need to be modified for issues such as the inability of the custodial parent to provide a stable environment. The court will examine a number of issues in a modification of custody case, including whether a change in the custodial arrangement is in the best interest of a child or is interfering with the non-custodial parent’s rights to access.