Phone: 212-867-9123 Fax: 212-983-8526
Marc Fleisher specializes in helping clients achieve divorce settlements without court intervention, primarily as a divorce mediator, negotiator, and collaborative divorce practitioner. He also assists clients in negotiating prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, and settling matters involving custody and child support.
Marc began his career as a litigation associate at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton and Garrison. He went to the elite Career Criminal bureau at the Manhattan District Attorney's office, and then joined the faculty at Brooklyn Law School before becoming a divorce and family mediator in 1994.
Marc co-founded the New York Association of Collaborative Professionals in 1999, which introduced Collaborative Practice to the Greater New York area. He was a charter member of its board and is currently, along with Barry Berkman, a member of its two-person Advisory Committee.
Marc taught the first course in Collaborative Practice at a New York City law school, and has trained divorce mediators since 1996 as an adjunct professor at the Ackerman Institute for the Family and Brooklyn Law School. He has also taught divorce mediation at the Association of the Bar of the City of New York and as a Visiting Professor at the Cardozo School of Law.
See Marc's website at www.mfleisher.com
Areas of practice
- Divorce Mediation
- Collaborative Family Law
- Divorce Negotiation
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Postnuptial Agreements
Honors and Recognitions
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America, Family Law, 2019 Edition
- AV Rated Preeminent - Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence
- Avvo Rating of 10 - Top Divorce Attorney
- Inclusion in SuperLawyers, 2014-2018
- Inclusion in Best Lawyers 2015-2019
Professional Memberships and Credentials
- Advanced Practitioner Member of Family Law Section of Association for Conflict Resolution.
- Advanced Practitioner Member, New York State Council of Divorce Mediation.
- Panel Member, Divorce Mediation, all issues, Supreme Court, New York County.
- Accredited member,Family and Divorce Mediation Council of Greater New York.
- Member, Family Law Section, New York State Bar Association.
- Member, International Association of Collaborative Practitioners.
- Charter Member, New York Association of Collaborative Professionals.
- Sarah Lawrence College, B.A. 1974
- Hofstra Law School, J.D. 1979