Ian Steinberg joined Berkman Bottger Newman & Schein, LLP, in 2020. He is an associate with the firm. His practice focuses on the litigation, negotiation, and settlement of matrimonial and family law cases.
Prior to joining BBNS, Ian worked at a New York City real estate firm representing building owners in courts throughout the five boroughs and surrounding areas. Ian also provided counsel for cooperatives and condominiums, and represented both landlords and tenants in negotiations of commercial leases.
Ian graduated from Cardozo Law School in 2015, where he participated in the Divorce Mediation Clinic. Ian’s unique blend of skills and experience – including extensive experience with litigation and high-level negotiation – and his knowledge of contract law and finance, have provided him with special insight into the divorce process. Ian understands how to protect his clients’ interests, whether in court, through negotiations, or in pre- or post-nuptial contracts.
Areas of Practice
| || |
- New York City Bar Association
Quotes and Publications
- NYC Law Providing Relief for Commercial Tenants Faces Constitutional Scrutiny, Law.com, September 2020
- Making Offers No One Can Refuse: Effective Contract Drafting – Part 1, New York State Bar Association Journal, January, 2016
- Emory University, Goizueta School of Business, B.A., 2012
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D., 2015
Admitted to practice law
- New York (incl. Southern District)
- New Jersey