Allyson D. Burger
Allyson D. Burger is a partner at the firm. Ms. Burger’s practice is dedicated to family and matrimonial law. Prior to joining Berkman Bottger Newman & Schein, Ms. Burger worked for several well-known boutique matrimonial firms in Manhattan and on Long Island assisting in all aspects of matrimonial and family law including high net worth cases, domestic violence, and contested custody matters including non-biological parent standing. She is a member of several bar associations on the national, state, and local levels and is active in the Anti-Defamation League.
Ms. Burger graduated cum laude from Lehigh University before obtaining her J.D. from Cardozo School of Law, where she concentrated in Family and Matrimonial Law and General Litigation. While at Cardozo, M. Burger also participated in the Family Court Clinic with a placement at Lawyers for Children. She was a member of Cardozo Advocates for Battered Women.
Ms. Burger was included in the 2021 Edition of ‘Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch’ and has been selected as a New York Metro Area Super Lawyers 'Rising Star' in Family Law in each year from 2014 to present. She was selected among the ‘Top Women in Law’ by Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University in 2016.
Ms. Burger is the incumbent Vice President of the Nassau County Women's Bar Association and have served on their Executive Board for the last four years. She was honored by the Women's Bar Association of the State of New York as the "Rising Star" of the Nassau Chapter for the year 2020. She is an Associate of both the New York Family Law American Inn of Court and Theodore Roosevelt American Inn of Court. Ms. Burger previously served as Chair of the American Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division’s Children and the Law Committee and Family Law Committee and was selected to serve on the American Bar Association's Children and the Law Task Force. She has presented and lectured before the Nassau County Bar Association's Matrimonial Law Committee, the New York Family Law American Inn of Court and the Nassau County Bar Association's Nassau Academy of Law. She is a published writer in the arena of Matrimonial Law, with her articles having appeared in the New York State Bar Association's Family Law Review, the NYSBA General Practice Section's 'One on One' newsletter, and American Bar Association's Young Lawyers Division Committee on Children and the Law quarterly newsletters. Ms. Burger has authored materials and moderated panel discussions at nationwide conferences for the American Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division. She attended the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Associate Institute in Chicago for 2015.
Ms. Burger stands out among her peers as a zealous advocate driven by compassion for her clients. She works closely with her clients to develop a negotiation or litigation strategy befitting of their unique circumstances. Ms. Burger remains a strong advocate for equal justice for all across gender, religious, racial, and ethnic divides.
Areas of practice
| || |
Honors and Recognitions
- 2021, New York Metro Area Super Lawyer, Family Law
- 2021, Recognized in ‘Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch’
- 2014-2020, New York Metro Area Super Lawyers 'Rising Star', Family Law
- 2016, 'Top Woman in Law', Hofstra Center for Children, Families and Law.
- American Bar Association
- Chair, Young Lawyers Division's Children and The Law Committee (2017-2018)
- Chair, Young Lawyers Division Family Law Committee (2016-2017)
- Chair, Young Lawyers Division's Children and The Law Committee (2015-2016)
- Vice Chair, Young Lawyers Division's Children and the Law Committee (2014-2015)
- Editor, Young Lawyers Division's Children and the Law Committee Newsletter (2015-2016)
- Member, Family Law Section
- New York State Bar Association
- Family Law Section (Member, Committee on Children and the Law; LGBT Committee; Ethics Committee)
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Member, Matrimonial Law Committee
- Member, Family Court Practice and Procedure Committee
- Honored as Young Lawyer of the Month, February 2014
- New York Family Law American Inn of Court, Associate
- Nassau County Women's Bar Association
- Vice President (2021-Present)
- Treasurer (2019-2021)
- Recording Secretary (2018-2019)
- Executive Board (2018-Present)
- New York County Lawyers Association
- Theodore Roosevelt American Inn of Court, Associate
- The Anti-Defamation League
- Glass Leadership Institute, Class of 2010-2011
- IMAGINE Host Committee 2012
- Lehigh University, B.A.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D.
Admitted to Practice